Sunday, May 23, 2010

Today was the most depressing day ever...

      Today, the love of my life left the state, and by Friday, he will have left the country. He is from Calcutta (Kolkata), India. (I will always refer to him as my jaan) I will not see him, physically, for about 11 months. It was all I could do to keep myself from crying all the way to work this morning. But, he told me to be happy, and to use this year to spend time with my family, because after he comes back, I hope to be going with him to India. There is much to accomplish before I see him again. I want to lose about 60lbs, I am going to be learning Hindi and French, learning to cook Indian food, get my divorce from my first marriage, get my passport, and eventually my visa.

      In order to lose the weight, I plan to avoid sugar, soda, high-sodium, fried, high-fat, etc. Also drink a lot of water. My jaan will be teaching me Hindi, and we will be learning French together. He taught me to cook a few Indian dishes before he left.

      So tonight is the first lonely night of sooo many to come. This will be the hardest 11 months to get through, but in the end, it will be so worth it.

No comments: