Friday, May 28, 2010

Stupid Ankle!!

      OK, so the Couch to 5K is gonna have to be put on hold :(. A few weeks ago I sprained my ankle by doing something stupid, won't go into detail but, I had been recovering for the past few weeks. I had thought that I was completely healed up, but I keep twisting it or putting weight on it wrong at work, so it is still just a bit sore. I'm afraid that if I try to run, I will mess it up again or more than it already is. I tried to jog in place, and I feel pain when my foot/ankle are bent in a certain way. I'm really really disappointed. I REALLY wanted to start the C25K on Monday. I never thought I'd be this disappointed about not being able to do exercise! BUT, I will start to walk for at least 30 minutes every day until I feel that my ankle is good to go.

      Jaan boarded his flight to India a few hours ago. He is so sweet. He had called before he got on the plane to tell me he'd call me tomorrow evening, and to say goodbye. After 15-20 minutes, he calls me once he is on the plane, just to say he loved me and goodbye again :). He also said this time, that he would call me as soon as he reached Calcutta(Kolkata). I have this feeling that over the next few days, he will be explaining me to his mom. He had asked me, "what do I tell my mom when she sees my tattoo?". (We got matching tattoos on our wrists a few weeks ago) "And your necklace." (I gave him one with my name on it) "The truth", I had said. "You mas as well tell her about me now, and be truthful about it, because she'd just be upset with you if she found out you had lied to her." He agreed that I was right, but he sounded reluctant about telling her.

      I went to work with mom again today, and for lunch we, along with my mom's boss, went to an Indian restaurant called Rajput. They had a really yummy buffet, which was  mostly vegetarian. I was hesitant to go to a buffet, but I really wanted Indian food. I am happy to say that I did really good and only had ONE plate of food! I had tandoori chicken, two other chicken dishes, a veggie dish, a tofu dish, some basmati rice, and some naan. I don't think Jaan would've liked it though, not enough spice for him :). 

      I also had a small NSV (Non-Scale Victory) today. I bought some chocolate covered almonds today, and was able to eat 6 or 7 and put them away! Normally I would've eaten the whole pack, which is probably 30ish! I was amazed at my self control! So, yay for me! lol

No comments: