Saturday, May 29, 2010

Defeating temptation at a Buffet..

      Today was a pretty good day. My mom, little sis, cousin, and I went to the park and walked a trail that was a little over 1.5 miles. FINALLY got some kind of exercise! I know its not much, but its something! We plan on doing it again tomorrow morning too. I just want to keep it up and at least do some sort of physical activity every day. My mom has some 'Core Rhythms' workout DVDs that I could try. She may also have some 'Taebo' too.

      Jaan called me this afternoon when he got home in Kolkata. We spoke for a little bit and then he went to bed. He called again at about 9PM this evening when he woke up. It was about 6:30AM Sunday his time. That is one thing that we will both have to get used to. The only time that we will be able to talk to each other is when he is going to bed and I'm waking up, or visa versa. I've also been thinking about sending him a care package with things that he likes from America and a few inside jokes. Like breathe right strips.. he snores sooo loud haha! I need some more ideas though of what to send him.

      Dinner tonight was out at Golden Corral. I was really proud of myself! I had a salad with some italian dressing, grilled chicken, a few small hunks of ham, onion, and cucumber. Then a plate with some chickpeas, green beans, a little bit of rice, a small baked sweet potato, one chunk of orange chicken and two chunks of beef tips. An odd mix I know, but it was yummy. I also avoided eating one of the yummy rolls they put on the table. I actually had my mom move them to the other side of the table, just so they didn't tempt me. I'm proud of myself.  I know that this time around losing weight is different. I've got all this great motivation and so many things to look forward to. I know that my number one source of motivation is my Jaan. Even though he is 8200+ miles away, everything I do revolves around him. I wouldn't have it any other way!

      I've been drinking some green tea along with just plain water, and when I do have the green tea, I sweeten it with Splenda. Lately though, I feel like when I drink the tea, even though I know its not real sugar, it seems as if I am drinking a bunch of sugar. Perhaps its the sweetness, or my subconscious trying to make me stop having something that tastes sweet. Either way, I think I am going to stop using it. I figure, if I can drink plain ol' water, I can drink unsweetened green tea.

      Oh, I forgot to put this in yesterday's post. After my mom and I left her office yesterday, we went to a few thrift stores in the area. I found a pair of size 9 Arizona jeans for 99 cents. 99 CENTS!!! First of all, I have a pair of Arizona jeans in my size now, and I love them. Second, I feel like they will motivate me to lose the weight to get into them. Third, you can't beat 99 cents! I'd really like to find some cheap in-between jeans too. Maybe a size 14 and a size 12. Clothes is something I really look forward to once I get the weight off. I've always wanted to wear cute clothes but was always too big to actually look cute in them.

Well its off to bed... Good Night to you, Good Morning Jaan!

No comments: